"Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my greatest friend is truth" - Isaac Newton

Monday 30 June 2014

About

This blog is a compilation and combination of aspects during Newton's life which are put under analysis, as well as looking into the myths, legends, and speculations surrounding Newton, and whether they are true or not. There also includes posts about media outlets which involve Newton's character, as well as my own interpretations on Newton and others related to him through family, friends and foes.

The titles of this blog 'Watch Me Split The Light' refers to Newton's discoveries on Light, where he spilt white light through a glass prism into a spectrum of colours. It also refers to how the legends of Newton - such as the apple and Diamond the Dog are put under scrutiny and examined with sources to back up the facts on such topics.

I always try to seek the source of what is said about Newton, whether it be taken as fact or fiction in general points of view. Instead of hearing or reading something at face value, I seek the original sources and summarise what is known, dividing opinion from truth, as such, much of what is written on this blog is a balanced but scrutinised view.

Isaac Newton is one of my heroes - if not my all-time hero, simply because he is truly fascinating, whether it was from what he discovered with light and forces, or from his personal life. 

I hope you find this blog enjoyable, and please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment